Monday, January 11, 2010

Amelia's Blessing

Trevor's family drove 17 and 1/2 hours from California the day after Christmas to be with us for Amelia's blessing. We were so happy they arrived safely Saturday night. Sunday morning my family traveled down from Olympia to take part in Amelia's blessing. Amelia was dressed in the same blessing dress I was blessed in. My mother made the dress thirty years ago when I was a new baby. Trevor gave Amelia a beautiful blessing that honored both me and Amelia's wonderful Grandmothers. I was very touched by the words spoken.

After church we came back to our home for pictures and lunch. We shared a special afternoon visiting together.

Aunt Jena took a few pictures of Amelia in my blessing dress




A wink in her tights (I had so much fun putting her in tights:)

The Adams Family

The Russell Family


The men who were in Amelia's blessing circle





2 comments:

Beth and Wes said...

Russell has a great smile in that family picture! Usually we can't catch him doing that in pictures!!

Chelsea said...

That dress is beautiful! How fun that you wore it too! Maybe if I ever have a girl she will do the same. Adorable. You look great in those pics too girl!!!