Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pumpkin Patch October 10, 2009

This Saturday we spent part of the day at the Bi-Zi Farms Pumpkin Patch. This is one of my all time favorite fall family traditions. I don't know what it is about the pumpkin patch, but I just love it. I'm as excited as the boys to be there. Bi-Zi Farms is one of the best patches I've been to because there is something for everyone to enjoy.

The boys favorite area is definitely the corn pit. It was bigger this year then last so Trevor and I took off our shoes and joined in the fun. Both boys loved climbing onto the hay barrels and jumping into the corn. They wanted Dad to burry them in the corn just like sand at a beach. My favorite part is feeding and petting the farm animals. I guess that stems from my animal loving childhood. Anyone who know Trevor can probably guess that his favorite part is the pumpkin launching. This year he was really close to launching a pumpkin in a barrell for a prize. We came home with three huge pumpkins and a very happy family memory.

Dad's pumpkin pick
Russell's pumpkin pick

TJ's pumpkin pick

Russell helping Dad at the pumpkin launch

Digging out


Making sure nothing gets in the mouth

The boys did not want to look at the camera

The Adams farm boys
The chickens swarmed us for the corn meal



We had a hard time keeping Russell from eating the corn

Husking corn to grind into meal for the animals

On top of the world

5 comments:

Lisa Sofia said...

How fun! I remember when we did the annual trip to the pumpkin patch! My teenagers are just too busy to have any time to go. I did get to go to the pumpkin patch on Sauvie Island today and photograph two adorable little girls at their pumpkin patch, so I guess it's the next best thing :)

Debbie Deerwester said...

Loved the pictures! The pumpkin launch looks like so much fun!!! Our pumpkin patch experience was not very good this weekend, so we are going to try a different place next weekend. It was so crowded that we were afraid of losing our kids....

Chelsea said...

Oh Emy that looks like so much fun. Can't wait till Bens is a little older and will enjoy things like that. Your family is so cute. And your hair is getting so long and pretty!!

Swangerlings said...

Those are great pictures espessially the one in the corn. We get to go soon.

Beth and Wes said...

Emy you really just have such a cute family, it makes me smile to see all your pictures!! I love you guys so much!!