Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hawaii Long Overdue

It's hard to believe we've only been back for a little more than two weeks. Hawaii seems like a dream now. As I go through the pictures all these wonderful memories flood back of my vacation. Two of the most enjoyable things about the trip without children was one, waking up when I wanted (which was still around 7:30, but I got up on my own without someone demanding breakfast or crying about a toy), and two, concentrating on feeding only myself and no one else (two luxuries motherhood does not provide at home).

We spent the last week of October in Kauai. My wonderful parents took our dear little ones, while Trevor and I reconnected in paradise. We met up with our good friends Wil & Mako and Phil & Holly for golf, swimming, dining and sight seeing. We took so many pictures it was really hard to narrow them down for this post.


Out on a Catamaran touring the cliffs

We saw a pod of maybe 40 dolphins swimming around our boat.

Our favorite place to eat breakfast, walking distance from our hotel
Shave Ice there

Dinner at my favorite restaurant The Beach House

Just before the sunset outside The Beach House



At the check-in desk in the Marriott

Will and Mako's last night with us




The outside Lobby of our hotel

My favorite drink outside the lobby (fruited water).

In the ocean outside our hotel
The hotel pool

The garden area at the hotel

Feeding the Marriott fish

Golfing at Lagoons


I played 3 rounds of 18 on this trip (that's a lot of golf for me).

The hole is on the other side of this gully


The Princeville Course on the North Shore



Napali Cliffs

Falls




Outside the church buliding




5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Such fun pictures! You look so beautiful and happy!! What an amazing place. I bet Spence would love if we played golf together...maybe someday:) We for sure will do some crafts over Christmas break! Can't wait to see ya!

Jessica and Matt said...

Looks like a great trip! How can you and Trevor look EXACTLY the same, if not better, than when we last saw you!?

Andy and Ellen Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the pictures and I'm glad you two had such a great time together!

Debbie Deerwester said...

Great pictures. You look great Em!

Swangerlings said...

That looks soo fun!!! Next time let us know and we'll be in. lol