Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cardston Alberta


We spent our first day in Cardston at Grandma and Grandpa Russells home. Grandma fixed us yummy pancakes and sausage. We got to eat at the outside table in front of the home. Jena and I took the kids in the backyard to look out over the town. I loved the pictures Jena got of the kids. I felt something special watching TJ, Russell, and Amelia explore the same places I explored as a child. Cardston memories are so sweet for me.

Carson, Jena, G. Papa and I took the kids to the barn for some real country fun. We fed,brushed, and rode the horses, chased kittens around the barn, rode the Quad, and made a water hole. These experiences with their Great Grandfather alone made the long drive to Canada worth it. I don't know how much my children will remember of this trip, but I'll never forget it.

The kids and I overlooking the town from grandpa's backyard
(you can see the temple off to the left)Align CenterBreakfast outside the Russell house

TJ up in the same tree I climbed as a girl
Baby Cowgirl

Amelia and Jena riding


G. Papa teaching Amelia about grain

G. Papa pulling Russell, Amelia, TJ and me around in a trailer behind his quad

Uncle Carson sharing one of his favorite past times with the boys

Feeding the horses

Amelia being grumpy while I ride around the barn


A boy made water hole. G Papa said next time we need to let the boys play in it.

Cowboys in training

No comments: