Sunday, April 29, 2012

Opusztaszer

 We spent a day at Opusztaszer National Historical Heritage Park. It displayed life in Hungary during the 19th century. We went to a horse show where I became part of the program. After a fantastic display of archery the performers got some of their audience to join the program.
 
 I had no idea what the Hungarian man was telling me to do, but I figured he wanted me to get on the back of the horse, so being the horse lover I am, I gladly got on.

I got to play an ancient tug-of-war horse game with another audience member on the far left. I don't think she was very comfortable on horses, because I won both matches of the tug-of-war and then got to go galloping around the arena. This was the highlight of my day.
 Trevor in a Hungarian warrior tent.
 Sword sculpture
 Csete-Yurts
 Trevor holding a rifle from a World War I soldier.
 
 
Some of the horse game

No comments: