Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oh Canada!

At 29 weeks pregnant I decided to take a trip to Cardston Alberta with my kids, mom, sister, and nephew. A little crazy? Yes! Worth it? Totally! We did the trip in two days, first day to Spokan, second day to Cardston with a fantastic mid way break in Cranbrook to see the Fraser and Amy Bowden cousins. We spent four days seeing as much family as possible while also enjoying the fun and beautiful sites of Cardston. We saw a great play at Grandpa's theater, went to the Heritage days Parade, spent an afternoon in Waterton, played at Grandpa's barn, reconnected with childhood best friend and cousin Ali, ate great meals, and best of all strengthened the relationship my children share with their great grandparents. The trip was short but I really felt every minute was filled with great experiences. I will try to go up every summer in August with my family because Cardston is a place I want my kids to know and love.

At our Cranbrook stop Fraser and Amy fed us a delicious grilled dinner and let our restless kids run around for a few hours before getting in the car to do the last part of the trip.
 The kids eating after the parade at Grandma Russells. This was one of my favorite rocks to play on growing up. TJ and Russell climbed more trees in Grandpa's front yard than they have climbed in their whole life.
Waterton Park

At the Cahoon homestead
Neal continuing the tradition of tractor rides with the grandkids. Same wagon Grandpa Cahoon used to pull me in when I was a little girl.

The Cardston Temple before church.

Grandma more smiley and talkative then I've seen her in a few years. She just loved all those great grandkids running around.
At the barn riding Chram



More wagon rides



No comments: