Thursday, April 8, 2010

Swimming Lessons

TJ is old enough to take a beginning swimming class without me in the water with him. He swims twice a week at Lake Shore Athletic Club. Russell is quite upset about the whole thing because he is not old enough for a "by yourself class" yet. I keep telling him he'll get to go after his birthday in August. My dear friend Carol has been kind enough to watch Amelia during swim lessons so I don't have to take all the kids.

TJ loves his class. His teacher's name is John but TJ calls him Brother John. He's learning how to float on his back and hold his breath when he puts his face in the water. Whenever TJ finishes a task he loves to give his teacher a big high five.

I really enjoy watching TJ from the bleachers. This is a first for me as mom (it's only the beginning of many bleacher sittings I'm sure). Have I said lately that I love being a mom because I sure do love it.


Russell is really into bandaids right now. He barely bumped his head earlier that day and needed a bandaid to make it all better.

Super excited for his first day of lessons


No comments: