Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of School

TJ started Kindergarten this week. Trevor took the morning off so we could send him off together. We were both pretty emotional. I held it together until TJ jumped up on the bus and turned around to wave. My baby is in Kindergarten.

Russell, Amelia, Uncle Tyler and I went to lunch downtown Vancouver and then played in the water at Estashore Park. The three hours passed quickly. It felt strange not having TJ with me.

When TJ got off the bus and I asked him how his first day went he said, "exhausting." Then he said, "and I have to do it tomorrow." I just laughed. He looked pretty tired. Trevor had lots of questions for him when he came home. He had a great day from what we could tell. It's been an emotional week for all of us.

TJ ate his French Toast on the "You are Special Today" plate

My new favorite brother picture

Waiting at the bus stop (we had plenty of time for pictures since we got there 20 minutes early).

I love that he is grabbing onto my leg

Family Picture at the Bus Stop

This is when the tears started...

...this is where they continued.
We followed the bus to school and made sure he went to the right class

Uncle Tyler and I took Russell and Amelia out for Thai food and then to the park to play




Russell waiting for TJ's bus to come backGetting home from school

Eating after school snack and talking about the day






2 comments:

Beth and Wes said...

Did he like school? He looks so cute!! Is nice that trevor was there too for his first day!

wendyhornberger said...

Hey Sweetie! That's exciting stuff. I can't believe how big they all are! I REALLY need to come for a visit. Jonny started Kinder, too. ALL DAY! That's all they offer here. Anywho, hope you are all well. We miss you tons!!!