Monday, September 5, 2011

Parade and 27 Swim Hole

Saturday we spent the morning watching the Cardston parade. Grandma Cahoon's posterity keeps growing and growing. We were so large this year we took up both sides of the street. After lunch everyone headed out to 27, the old swimming hole my mother grew up going to. It was quite the adventure in my van. I drove out as far as I could and then hitched a ride on one of the 4 wheel drive vehicles. Getting down to the swimming hole is an adventure all in itself. It's probably been 15 years since I've been to 27. Memories of catching minnows with my cousins and roasting hot dogs with Grandpa Cahoon came back to me.



Cowgirl Jena riding in the parade. She even won second place for Senior Cowgirl. She looks fantastic on Grandpa's horse.
My van in the middle of the Cardston parries:)

The boys roasting marshmallows with Grandma and Carson

TJ's smoores

Amelia is throwing rocks. She spent most of the afternoon doing it.


Baby Oliver


Amelia got her hands on a giant marshmellow



The Cahoons made a makeshift tent for shade

Grandma Kathy and Grandma Cahoon






No comments: